Supporting EL Students: Collaborative Approaches & Online Learning
- Article: Teacher and Paraeducator Team Perfects the Art of Collaboration
- Video: Remote Co-Teaching During COVID
- Webinar: Practical Strategies & Resources to Teach K-12 ELs Online
- Padlet: Practical Strategies & Resources to Teach K-12 ELs Online from SupportEd
- Practical Strategies to Teach K-12 ELs Online
- Supporting EL Students: Collaborative Approaches & Online Learning
- Tap Into Funds of Knowledge – TESOL Blog
Best Practices for Supporting ELs Online: Lessons Borrowed from Special Education
- Preview the handout titled, Best Practices for Educating Online.
- Watch the video, Teaching Special Education Online During COVID-19, presented by the Council for Exceptional Children. If you would like to view the slides while you watch, you can find the link below.
- While you watch the video, pause at intervals and answer the critical reflection questions in the Guided Note Taking Worksheet. The numbers in each question (00:00) refer to the minute mark of the video.
- Read the article, New Strategies in Special Education as Kids Learn From Home. The strategies and takeaways from the document are highlighted for your convenience.
(Highlighting is one strategy that you might be able to use with your ELs as they learn from home.)
- Finally, revisit the Best Practices for Educating Online. Reflect on which of the strategies would suit your students and make a plan to put them into practice!
- When you have completed both modules, please complete the survey.
- Best Practices for Educating Online
- Guided Note Taking Worksheet
- New Strategies in Special Education as Kids Learn From Home
- Webinar: Teaching Online During COVID-19 (CEC) OR
- Teaching Special Education Online During COVID-19 (YouTube)
When you have completed both sessions, please complete the Survey located here. Your responses will help us to improve future workshops.